Best Patio Design Ideas
Although it may not look like it now, warmer weather is on the way. Now is a great time to start planning for more time spent outdoors, and that means enjoying your patio. Getting the most out of your outdoor time means different things to everyone. Some want open, airy views, while others might like privacy walls to be able to relax in greater comfort. Many will want patio covers to protect from the elements. Whatever you choose, personalizing your patio will ensure that it’s one of your favourite places to spend time this summer.
Here are some patio design ideas to provide inspiration and get you started:
- Map it Out. It is always a good idea to map out your plans ahead of time, but especially if there are elements that you can’t, or don’t want to move, such as trees and shrubs. With a little creativity, these are not impediments to a beautifully designed patio, but an integral component.
- Built-In Seating. Built-in seating can be created with solid concrete, then simply add cushions that can be tucked away during the winter. Alternately, wood seating may be your preference, creating a warm, natural appearance.
- Fireplace/ Fire pit. Before summer arrives, there will be a period of warm days with cool nights, making a fireplace or fire pit a great addition. Looking further ahead, a fireplace will extend your patio enjoyment further into the fall. If nothing else, a cozy fire always adds ambience.
- Patio Covers. A great way to enhance your outdoor space, patio covers allow you to enjoy your time outdoors even when Mother Nature isn’t feeling cooperative. Find some shade on a hot sunny day and stay dry when it’s raining. Your patio cover can be built to stand out in a visually striking manner, or to blend in and look like a natural extension of your house. You may also want to consider an insulated roof, which will allow you to enclose your patio space later, making it a true four-season living space.
- Light it Up. Your patio is a great spot for enjoying warm summer nights. Some may want to keep the space dark to enjoy the night stars, but if you are entertaining, you will want some lighting. This is your opportunity to have a little fun and show some personality. Whether you employ old-fashioned lanterns, string lights, floor lamps, or any of the many unique options available today, adding lighting to your patio is a bright idea.
- Privacy Walls. You don’t have to be using your patio au naturel to add some privacy walls. There are many other reasons why you might add them. Perhaps your neighbours are a little too close and too nosy, or perhaps you want a little more peace and quiet or need a windbreak. Maybe you simply enjoy the aesthetics. Whatever the reason, privacy walls can be a beautiful and practical part of your patio design.
Your patio is your refuge and a great place to relax and unwind on your weekend or after a day of work. Even keeping it simple, you will appreciate having a space to enjoy the outdoors, but why not take the opportunity to add some personal touches and really make it your own?
20-Year Deck Waterproofing Warranty
One of the most compelling reasons to choose OmegaDeck is its robust warranty.
OmegaDeck utilizes a waterproofing membrane made from Polyurethane, a material known for its exceptional durability. Polyurethane is so tough that it is used as tires on mining trucks. Thus, supporting the weight of vehicles carrying up to 350 tons of ore over sharp, broken rocks. The top coats used in OmegaDeck’s system are durable enough to be used on garage floors, even with vehicles being driven on them.
This level of durability ensures that your OmegaDeck will last for years to come.
The OmegaDeck system comprises four bonded layers. This provides both homeowners and installers with peace of mind regarding the longevity and resilience of the waterproofing solution.